Frequently Asked Questions


Here you can find answers to some of the most common questions we receive at the shop. If you’re wondering what to do after an accident, how to work with insurance companies after a collision, or are unsure of your rights as an insured party, this is a good place to start. If you have any additional inquiries, don’t hesitate to give Alpine Body Shop a call.


What to do if you're in an accident

Check for Injuries - If anyone involved has been injured call 911 immediately.

Turn on your hazard lights - This alerts other drivers to be cautious around the scene.

Call the police - Don't leave the scene until police have done their job. Even seemingly small collisions can cause expensive repairs. Make sure you get a police report.

Exchange information - Collect contact information from other drivers involved. Don't forget insurance policy information.

Find a witness - If someone nearby witnessed the incident, get them to provide a statement for the police. If they aren't able to stay, get their contact info.

Document - Take photos of the vehicles involved and of the scene. Take notes about the accident as soon as possible.


what is your warranty


what if i only want factory parts


working with insurance

Your car is covered for life at Alpine Body Shop. We warranty our repairs for as long as you own your vehicle. If you ever have an issue with the fit or finish of our repairs, let us know as soon as possible and we will remedy the situation. Parts warranties are limited to the warranty that the part provider offers (typically one year for new OEM or aftermarket parts, and 30-90 days for recycled parts).


We strive to use new OEM (original equipment manufacturer) parts wherever we can. They generally fit better, and they’re crash tested by the NHTSA and IIHS. However, many insurance policies don’t cover them. Some insurers do offer what is called an “OE writer” which ensures your vehicle is provided with only new original equipment parts. Many manufacturers now have price-matching programs that enable us to use OEM parts even though the insurer will only pay for aftermarket or recycled parts. If you would prefer only new OEM parts, and you don’t have an OEM policy, let us know. We’ll let you know if the cost for OEM parts is above what your insurance company will pay.


If you aren't at fault, contact the at-fault party's insurance company and give them a statement. Contact your insurance company if you are at fault, or if there is any question about who may be liable. Even if you aren't liable, your insurance company is a great resource for advice.


your rights as a consumer


diminished value

You always have the right to select the facility to repair your vehicle. If you want to have your vehicle repaired at a shop that isn't on a list provided by an insurer, you are free to do so. A shop on an insurer’s list of preferred providers most likely offers the insurer a discounted rate, and the insurer provides you with their warranty on your repairs. However, most shops also warranty their repairs to some degree. If you have questions about laws in the state of Utah, or wish to learn more about your rights, visit for more information.


Diminished value is the term we use to describe the loss you may incur when you sell your vehicle after it has been in a documented collision. The value of a vehicle that has a “dirty” history is certainly less than a comparable vehicle with a “clean” history. Regardless of where or how your vehicle is repaired, this can have a negative impact down the road. Currently in Utah, you do not have the right to be compensated for diminished value if you are the insured, or “at-fault” party. However, if you were not at fault, you may pursue compensation for the value lost from a vehicle with a history that includes a collision or another type of loss. Inquire with the insurance company or other party involved about this cost, and if necessary, contact legal counsel for help.